Applications are invited for DAAD scholarships from developing countries’ students. The scholarships are available for pursuing a postgraduate degree at German institutions of Higher education.
With its development-oriented postgraduate study programmes, the DAAD promotes the training of specialists from development and newly industrialized countries.
The DAAD supports over 100,000 German and international students and researchers around the globe each year – making it the world’s largest funding organisation of its kind.
The last academic degree (usually a Bachelor’s degree) should have been completed no longer than six years previously.
- Application Deadline: Depending on chosen study programme; please check deadlines here.
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue a postgraduate degree at a state or state-recognised German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
- Study Subject: DAAD Scholarships are awarded for pursuing development-related postgraduate courses.
- Scholarship Award: Scholarship includes:
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 750 euros for graduates or 1,000 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Nationality: Foreign Students
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Foreign Students can apply.
- Entrance Requirements: Scholarship criteria is:
- Graduates with at least two years’ professional experience
- Candidates fulfill the necessary academic requirements and can be expected to successfully complete a study programme in Germany (above-average result for first academic exam – top performance third, language skills)
- Candidates have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) in an appropriate subject
- Candidates have at least two years’ professional experience
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship
- English Language Requirements: Depending on chosen study programme; please check scholarship brochure or the website of your chosen study programme
How to Apply: The mode of applying is by post or electronically.
Required documents (in the following order):
- DAAD application form
- Hand-signed CV (please use the europass specimen form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/)
- Hand-signed letter of motivation (with reference to current occupation)
- Research exposé (if required by university)
- Academic letter/s of recommendation from your university; the letter must have a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope)
- Professional letter/s of recommendation from your employer; the letter must have a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope)
- Confirmation of employment from the employer in your home country and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment upon your return home
- Proof of language abilities
– English – IELTS or TOEFL (Note: Institutional TOEFL will not be accepted)
– German – necessary for the courses taught in German; for the courses taught in English, if available
– Copies of awarded academic degrees
– Copies of academic transcripts
– A copy of School Leaving Certificate
Note: Some courses may require additional documents. For detailed information, please see the relevant course description on the following pages. All documents must be submitted as identical duplicates.